Last updated: June 27, 2019
Terms of Service
An Introduction to AskNowNow’s Terms of Service
Welcome to AskNowNow! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The AskNowNow platform offers a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- You own the content that you post; you also grant us and other users of the AskNowNow platform certain rights and license to use it. The details of these licenses are described in section 3(c) below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party (for example, defamation) or any applicable laws.
- You can repost content from AskNowNow elsewhere, provided that you attribute the content back to the AskNowNow platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users. Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the AskNowNow platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints. If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or AskNowNow‘s policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal.
We are pleased that you want to join the AskNowNow platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
AskNowNow Terms of Service
Welcome to AskNowNow! AskNowNow is a platform to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) sets forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and AskNowNow, Inc. (“AskNowNow” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our web and applications (collectively the “AskNowNow Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the AskNowNow Platform, you consent to these terms.
- The Mission of the AskNowNow Platform
AskNowNow’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The AskNowNow Platform is a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- Using the AskNowNow Platform
- Who Can Use It. Use of the AskNowNow Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to this Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use.
- Acceptable Use Policy. In your interaction with others on the AskNowNow Platform, you agree to follow the Acceptable Use Policy at all times.
- Termination. You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your AskNowNow account if you violate any AskNowNow policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the AskNowNow Platform. We are always trying to improve your experience on the AskNowNow Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the AskNowNow Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at asknownow.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Your Content
- Definition of Your Content. The AskNowNow Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and files to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the AskNowNow Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the AskNowNow Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted to us below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the AskNowNow Platform, you grant AskNowNow and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the AskNowNow Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing of the AskNowNow Platform or our business partners, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for AskNowNow to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with AskNowNow for the syndication, broadcast, communication and making available to the public, distribution or publication of Your Content on the AskNowNow Platform or through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the AskNowNow Platform to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, display, and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service. If you do not wish to allow your answers to be translated by other users, you can globally opt-out of translation in your profile settings or you can designate certain answers not for translation.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on https://www.asknownow.com, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of www.asknownow.com. AskNowNow may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you post a question, it may be edited or deleted by other users or by AskNowNow at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for AskNowNow to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that AskNowNow may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AskNowNow, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the AskNowNow Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the AskNowNow Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate AskNowNow’s Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published AskNowNow policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the AskNowNow Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the AskNowNow marks, the AskNowNow logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of AskNowNow Inc., or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other AskNowNow users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data AskNowNow collects (“Data”) about use of the AskNowNow Platform by you or others is the property of AskNowNow Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Our License to You.
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the AskNowNow Platform in connection with your use of the AskNowNow Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- AskNowNow gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Our Content and Materials anywhere on the web provided that: (a) the content in question was added to the AskNowNow Platform after April 22, 2010; (b) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the AskNowNow Platform; (c) you do not modify the content; (d) you attribute AskNowNow by name in readable text and with a human and machine-followable link (an HTML <a> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on https://asknownow.com on every page that contains Our Content and Materials; (e) upon request, either by AskNowNow or a user, you remove the user’s name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (f) upon request, either by AskNowNow or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the AskNowNow Platform; and (g) upon request, either by AskNowNow or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the AskNowNow Platform; (h) you don’t republish more than a small portion of Our Content and Materials. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by AskNowNow, or any AskNowNow user, without separate, express prior written permission from us.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the AskNowNow Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- Permitted uses. If you operate a search engine, web crawler, bot, scraping tool, data mining tool, bulk downloading tool, wget utility, or similar data gathering or extraction tool, you may access the AskNowNow Platform, subject to the following additional rules: i) you must use a descriptive user agent header; ii) you must follow robots.txt at all times; iii) your access must not adversely affect any aspect of the AskNowNow Platform’s functioning; and iv) you must make it clear how to contact you, either in your user agent string, or on your website if you have one.
- No Endorsement or Verification. Please note that the AskNowNow Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the AskNowNow Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the AskNowNow Platform by anyone.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of AskNowNow‘s users or AskNowNow. The content, information and services made available on the AskNowNow Platform are protected by NIGERIAN and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
- More About Certain Offerings on the AskNowNow Platform
- Advertisements. The AskNowNow Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the AskNowNow Platform, queries made through the AskNowNow Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by AskNowNow are subject to change. In consideration for AskNowNow granting you access to and use of the AskNowNow Platform, you agree that AskNowNow and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the AskNowNow Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the AskNowNow Platform.
- Legal, Medical & Other Professional Contributors. Some users who post content are members of legal, medical, and other licensed professions (collectively, “Professional Contributors”). Content posted by Professional Contributors should be not be relied on as a substitute for advice from a professional that is appropriate for your specific situation. AskNowNow has provided certain disclaimer template language that Professional Contributors may edit and incorporate in their answers. Ethics rules differ by state or location, and it is the responsibility of Professional Contributors to determine and provide disclaimers appropriate for their profession and the content provided.
- Buttons, Links and Widgets. You have permission to use AskNowNow‘s buttons, links, and widgets, subject to these Terms of Service (including the disclaimers and limitations of liability) and provided that: (a) your use of such buttons, links and widgets link only to the AskNowNow Platform; (b) you will not modify such buttons, links, or widgets or associated code in any manner; (c) you will not use any such buttons, links, or widgets in any manner which implies or suggests that AskNowNow endorses, sponsors, or recommends the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used; and (d) the use of such buttons, links and widgets, and the website on which such buttons, links and widgets are used do not violate AskNowNow’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- Web resources and third-party services. The AskNowNow Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Services that Require Separate Agreement. Certain features or services may require that you enter into a separate and supplemental written agreement prior to use.
- Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, AskNowNow Policies, or Applicable Laws
We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of AskNowNow policies or applicable laws.
- Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. We have adopted and implemented a Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. For more information, including detailed information about how to submit a request for takedown if you believe content on the AskNowNow Platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please read our Copyright Policy and Trademark Policy. For your convenience, we provide you the following Copyright Infringement Claim Form and Trademark Infringement Claim Form, which you should use, as applicable, for fastest processing.
- Reports of Other Violations. If you believe content on the AskNowNow Platform violates AskNowNow’s Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise violates applicable law (apart from copyright or trademark violations) or other AskNowNow policies, you may submit the following Other Infringement Claim Form.
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITYPLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF ASKNOWNOW ENTITIES TO YOU.
“ASKNOWNOW ENTITIES” MEANS ASKNOWNOW INC., AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM, ALONG WITH OUR CONTENT AND MATERIALS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ASKNOWNOW ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USEAGE.
- ASKNOWNOW MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (ii) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (iii) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. ASKNOWNOW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE USE OF THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM, A PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY OTHER USER WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (d) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED OR PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM WILL BE SATISFACTORY.
- YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ASKNOWNOW ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ASKNOWNOW ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM.
- YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM IS TO STOP USING THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ASKNOWNOW’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO ASKNOWNOW IN CONNECTION WITH THE ASKNOWNOW PLATFORM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART, AND THE FOREGOING SECTIONS 8(c), 8(d), AND 8(e) WILL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY, TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF ASKNOWNOW’S NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT, RECKLESS, OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend AskNowNow Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the AskNowNow Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the AskNowNow Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
- Dispute Resolution
This Agreement and any action arising out of your use of the AskNowNow Platform will be governed by the laws of the Nigeria.
- General Terms
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that AskNowNow is operated in Nigeria. For any claims for which arbitration is inapplicable, you agree that such claims will be brought in federal or state court governed federal laws, without regard to any conflict of law provisions.
- Use Outside of Nigeria. AskNowNow expressly disclaims any representation or warranty that the AskNowNow Platform complies with all applicable laws and regulations outside of Nigeria. If you use the AskNowNow Platform outside of Nigeria, you expressly understand and agree that you are responsible for determining compliance with different laws, regulations, or customs that may apply in connection with your use of the AskNowNow Platform.
- Export. The AskNowNow Platform is controlled and operated from Nigeria. No software for AskNowNow may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
- Applications and Mobile Devices. If you access the AskNowNow Platform through a AskNowNow application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and AskNowNow only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the AskNowNow Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
- Survival. The following provisions will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Section 2(e)(Termination), 2(g)(Feedback), Section 3(Your Content), Section4(a)-(b) and (d)-(f)(Our Content and Materials), Section 8 (Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability), Section 9 (Indemnification), Sections 10 (Dispute Resolution), and Section 11 (General Terms).
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the AskNowNow Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the AskNowNow Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Interpretation. In construing or interpreting the terms of this Agreement: (i) the headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and are not to be considered, and (ii) no presumption is to operate in either party’s favor as a result of its counsel’s role in drafting this Agreement.
- Notices. All notices permitted or required under this Agreement, unless specified otherwise in this Agreement, must be sent in writing as follows in order to be valid: (i) if to you, by us via email to the address associated with your account, and (ii) if to us, by you via Legal@asknownow.com. Notices will be deemed given (a) if to you, when emailed, and (b) if to us, on receipt by us.
- Relationship. This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Waiver. No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Contact. Feel free to contact us through asknownow.com/contact with any questions about these terms.